+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Stevenage v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Stevenage v Barnsley

Our first ever visit to Stevenage and I understand it's another sold out away end , around 1300 .

Let's hope the game goes ahead because the vast majority will be well on their way down the M1 when the pitch inspection is taking place .

Stevenage impressed me at Oakwell with their shape and organisation but I've a feeling that we'll sneak this one 2-1. The footballing Gods are currently smiling on us and we're getting the rub of the green it has to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Our first ever visit to Stevenage and I understand it's another sold out away end , around 1300 .

Let's hope the game goes ahead because the vast majority will be well on their way down the M1 when the pitch inspection is taking place .
    It’s a fan friendly world innit?

I've just got this feeling that today's game (if still on) will be the one where the wheels come off and all the fortune we have been having recently averages out and we get an arseoylin 4-1. The beginning of a Portsmouth style "blip".

I am quite happy to have egg on my face at 5-00pm.

The Old Hags of 'Arnd Hill have cackled, "Beware the one who calls himself Steve Evans. He is more than just a big gob".

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I've just got this feeling that today's game (if still on) will be the one where the wheels come off and all the fortune we have been having recently averages out and we get an arseoylin 4-1. The beginning of a Portsmouth style "blip".

I am quite happy to have egg on my face at 5-00pm.

The Old Hags of 'Arnd Hill have cackled, "Beware the one who calls himself Steve Evans. He is more than just a big gob".
    Evans will be well informed on our lack of defensive quality and how that back three are easily unsettled .

Never thought I'd be saying this but we could do with McCart back today simply on the basis he's better than Shepherd , although that's not a particularly high bar .

I expect Stevenage to come flying out of the traps and get stuck right in to us , something we did to Peterborough recently which again Evans will be well aware of .

Potentially a very testing and difficult afternoon awaits , the football God's as you say SB maybe about to close the page on this lucky trot and reality strikes .

Hopefully not .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    It’s a fan friendly world innit?
    My thoughts too Ethel .

What about trying Russell in centre defence until Pines gets cleared? He isn't any good as a midfielder, he's 6ft 4in and isn't very mobile, only issue could be he can't get more than 3 inch off the ground!
    Based on the Brizzle game Shepherd has a future, it's just a bit early in his career for him.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Evans will be well informed on our lack of defensive quality and how that back three are easily unsettled .

Never thought I'd be saying this but we could do with McCart back today simply on the basis he's better than Shepherd , although that's not a particularly high bar .

I expect Stevenage to come flying out of the traps and get stuck right in to us , something we did to Peterborough recently which again Evans will be well aware of .

Potentially a very testing and difficult afternoon awaits , the football God's as you say SB maybe about to close the page on this lucky trot and reality strikes .

Hopefully not .
    Evans should be well aware about our defensive woes but he should be , we only played them a couple of weeks ago, I"m just hoping that our coaches have picked up on their weaknesses as well but I think it will be another tight affair just as it was at Oakwell .

Stevenage v Barnsley still on as it stands. There will be another pitch inspection later on though. Still in the balance.
    1pm for second inspection.
    Nice to see football supporters are being thought of again. What an absolute crazy situation.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Stevenage v Barnsley still on as it stands. There will be another pitch inspection later on though. Still in the balance.
    1pm for second inspection.
    Nice to see football supporters are being thought of again. What an absolute crazy situation.
    The 1pm inspection gives the 1300 travelling Barnsley fans time to arrive in the environs of the Stevenage ground.

Must be a 50-50, 60-40 decision if two hours is going to be important. Presently 3C rising to 4C, breeze.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast