+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big If...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big If...

... But if Stuart kept going like this then he and the owners would deserve massive extra kudos in my opinion - the belief to hold out under such pressure and to come good - would be exceptional and show a lot of character and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    ... But if Stuart kept going like this then he and the owners would deserve massive extra kudos in my opinion - the belief to hold out under such pressure and to come good - would be exceptional and show a lot of character and strength.
    Agreed. Credit where due!

Very early days!

This season was derailed by the Luke Williams departure, but there are at least signs that SM and the players are now turning it around.

Next season is going to be a huge opportunity to get promotion - we’ll be one of the three biggest teams in the division and have a year’s experience to know what’s needed to improve the squad. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This season was derailed by the Luke Williams departure, but there are at least signs that SM and the players are now turning it around.

Next season is going to be a huge opportunity to get promotion - we’ll be one of the three biggest teams in the division and have a year’s experience to know what’s needed to improve the squad. Bring it on.
    This mini revival is most welcome and if we can finish the season in good form then it sends us into summer in a more positive manner.

The way I see it we are a year behind Stockport. Whilst they finished higher last season than what we will they have learned, improved and have got promoted this season. It will be interesting on Tuesday to see how far behind them we appear to be.

It will be good to get rid of Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield. Plus I’d prefer MK Dons to go up as well.

This then leads it wide open for teams like us to go for it next season.

Exactly, as much as I hate seeing Wrexham and Mansfield get promoted it makes L2 look a little easier next season with them and Stockport out of it.

LW started the run of bad form, and did nothing to address it. SM walked into a pile of crap that was left to fester by LW.. If LW was still here we would still be on a downward spiral..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    LW started the run of bad form, and did nothing to address it. SM walked into a pile of crap that was left to fester by LW.. If LW was still here we would still be on a downward spiral..
    Not true, Durham. Agree with NW, and most fans will see now that LW's departure hit the squad hard.
    Here's a list of players whose formed dipped, probably caused by the disappointment and disruption from losing LW + 2, but who have since got back to their customary levels (in rough order of how much the form dipped)

Nemane, Langstaff, Bostock, Cameron, McGoldrick, Stone, Crowley, Baldwin, Jones...

**** happens. Let's give them a pass! Not the most professional set of responses maybe , but they're humans, what you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Many others including myself believe that if LW had stayed we would now be in the Play offs at least, but it's all about opinions & we will never know. Good luck to SM & I truly hope he continues to get results next season, can't work out if your post is tongue in cheek or not, but either way COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Many others including myself believe that if LW had stayed we would now be in the Play offs at least, but it's all about opinions & we will never know. Good luck to SM & I truly hope he continues to get results next season, can't work out if your post is tongue in cheek or not, but either way COYP.
    Williams was a one trick pony and refused to change, personally I'm glad he went.. Swansea are welcome to him...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast