+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Nolan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kevin Nolan

Quite embarrassing at the end of the game him being interviewed next to some fit blonde, the comments coming from the Pavis we’re a mixture of you started this to if you was still here we wouldn’t be here now.

No idea what the outcome would have been all I know is today was about as low as I’ve been watching this club for 45 years....

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    Quite embarrassing at the end of the game him being interviewed next to some fit blonde, the comments coming from the Pavis we’re a mixture of you started this to if you was still here we wouldn’t be here now.

No idea what the outcome would have been all I know is today was about as low as I’ve been watching this club for 45 years....
    We are as low as we've ever been in our history let alone 45yrs and still sinking.

He built the squad that took us out of the football league, the bloke should'nt be allowed in Meadow Lane unless he's there to throw eggs at.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He built the squad that took us out of the football league, the bloke should'nt be allowed in Meadow Lane unless he's there to throw eggs at.
    He is absolutely in a different league to the manager we’ve now got in-charge, who had 9 of his signings in the XI today and there’s still not even a semblance of a style of play beyond getting the ball up quickly and hoping one of the attackers produces something.

Would never happen, but I’d take Nolan back in a heartbeat. People moaned about the style of play, but at least he was clear from minute one what he was trying to do. And it was very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    He is absolutely in a different league to the manager we’ve now got in-charge, who had 9 of his signings in the XI today and there’s still not even a semblance of a style of play beyond getting the ball up quickly and hoping one of the attackers produces something.

Would never happen, but I’d take Nolan back in a heartbeat. People moaned about the style of play, but at least he was clear from minute one what he was trying to do. And it was very effective.
    Agreed. Something went wrong during Nolan's last summer, and we'll probably never know how much Hardy interfered, but if we look at Nolan's time at Notts as a whole, he did really well. Nolan's one full season in charge was the best we've had in years. It was also the last time this club had a heart and soul; something to be proud of.

Sure, people moaned about the long-ball tactics and it wasn't always pretty, but we had a proper footballing identity and a clear tactical approach. For the most part, it was effective.

The team I saw yesterday is incomparable. It just looked like 11 strangers wondering around the pitch trying to kick the ball somewhere else.

So yeah, I'd take Nolan back. It would be mental, but surely anything is better than this?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Agreed. Something went wrong during Nolan's last summer, and we'll probably never know how much Hardy interfered, but if we look at Nolan's time at Notts as a whole, he did really well. Nolan's one full season in charge was the best we've had in years. It was also the last time this club had a heart and soul; something to be proud of.

Sure, people moaned about the long-ball tactics and it wasn't always pretty, but we had a proper footballing identity and a clear tactical approach. For the most part, it was effective.

The team I saw yesterday is incomparable. It just looked like 11 strangers wondering around the pitch trying to kick the ball somewhere else.

So yeah, I'd take Nolan back. It would be mental, but surely anything is better than this?
    It probably looks like 11 strangers because that is what they are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It probably looks like 11 strangers because that is what they are at the moment.
    We are eleven strangers to a degree, but our outfield players all wear the same colour shirt. The opposition wore orange shirts yesterday, but many of our players didn't seem to realise it because they kept passing the ball to them.

I'll go along for this ride, more convincing in one post than a year of Ardley interviews, Nolan in.

You're right in one respect, it would be mental. Regardless of whether you think Kewell or Ardley were/are the right managers to sort it out or not, there's no doubt that the team's decline started with the poor recruitment, pre-season complacency and lack of discipline of Kevin Nolan between January and the summer in 2018. We were looking a dire team before Kewell or Ardley ever came on the scene. If the owners were to sack Ardley, the last thing they should be doing is going back to Nolan.

Yes, something went very wrong in Nolan’s last summer.... he couldn’t keep out of the bars.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast