+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hughes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lee Hughes

Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.

Dean Yates and the Short brothers are also coming back to shore up the defence too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Dean Yates and the Short brothers are also coming back to shore up the defence too.
    I think that Deano and the Short brothers (even now) would be an improvement on the current set of defenders we have at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.
    That's enough internet for you for today.

I love a bit of NCM tradition

Appointing him would certainly give us a lift.
    A fireman's lift.

Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent
    I don't know what you are on about.

I don't know what you are on about.
    My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.
    I've wasted a fair bit of life posting over 6,000 times on this site. That should tell you all you need to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast