+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Conference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Life in the Conference

Guys, it’s my opinion that we have missed our opportunities and will now be relegated.

When we are relegated, don’t be surprised to see virtually the whole squad go even those that are contracted as I doubt we could support the wage bill.

So it will be a massive rebuild job which is why so few bounce back at the first attempt.

I’d think realistically we could be looking at a minimum 3 year stint away from the EFL.

In the meantime our neighbours will likely reach the promised land, capture all the new young support leaving our future stark.

AH had good intentions but ultimately he’s going to be alongside Teressa May in peoples opinions on leadership quality.

It’s my opinion our great club is fatally wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Guys, it’s my opinion that we have missed our opportunities and will now be relegated.

When we are relegated, don’t be surprised to see virtually the whole squad go even those that are contracted as I doubt we could support the wage bill.

So it will be a massive rebuild job which is why so few bounce back at the first attempt.

I’d think realistically we could be looking at a minimum 3 year stint away from the EFL.

In the meantime our neighbours will likely reach the promised land, capture all the new young support leaving our future stark.

AH had good intentions but ultimately he’s going to be alongside Teressa May in peoples opinions on leadership quality.

I now have hope we will survive Johnny has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I now have hope we will survive Johnny has spoken.
    Too Right i961.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post

I didn't realise it was now mathematically impossible for us to escape relegation. Sack them all now!

It's Thursday and late night shopping down here...having read Jonny's funeral notice, I might trot down to the hardware store for some poison and end it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    It's Thursday and late night shopping down here...having read Jonny's funeral notice, I might trot down to the hardware store for some poison and end it all now.
    i hope you buy enough for all of you, its rude to leave your friends out!

Some have already started taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    i hope you buy enough for all of you, its rude to leave your friends out!
    I thought you'd already taken a large dose and done humanity a favour. We can but hope.

I’m hoping the manager, players and coaches are thinking like me and remaining positive and optimistic that we are more than capable of staying up.

Now is not the time for doom and gloom it’s far too early for that kind of mindset. The only time that should ever kick in is should there come a time where we do actually get relegated. Until then it’s business as usual and concentrate on getting 9 points from 15 on offer so 3 wins from 5 games.

There are some good points made with regards to Forest because by default they currently play two levels higher than us and the further we fall the easier it becomes for them to attract a new generation of supporters. We had our best chance of closing the gap when they were in League One in the 00’s but we were stuck in League Two fighting for our lives (no change there).

I agree that we should fight to the end, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's more likely we'll go down than stay up. Nothing pessimistic about it; my opinion is simply based on what I've seen so far this season and what I know about football.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast