+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five years, gone backwards.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Five years, gone backwards.

Just looking at the team that was playing in the Championship five years ago, 2013/14. The strike partnership was lethal, Sam Vokes and Danny Ings, we won promotion, but five years, two promotions and millions of pounds of TV money later we haven't improved on that Vokesy/Ingsy thingy.

Not only have we not improved on that partnership, we've gone backwards, £30 million spent on Wood and Vydra but Sean prefers Vokes and Barnes. You'd think we'd have progressed since then but no, we had a better strike partnership back in the Championship five years ago, something for the new Technical Director to ponder ?

The jury must still be out on Vydra but if Wood is any better than Vokes, Ings or Barnes, I will show my arse in the club shop on a matchday.

Wood is not an EPL footballer, give me Andre Gray any day of the week and boy, did that lad get some stick on here!

Attachment 10876

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Wood is not an EPL footballer, give me Andre Gray any day of the week and boy, did that lad get some stick on here!

Would that be the same Andre Gray who has scored just 14 PL goals from open play in 71 PL games ? If so BT then I would suggest he didn't get enough stick. You can tell how poor Gray is, because the not an EPL footballer Chris Wood, has scored 10 already from less than half the games Gray has played, just 33.

Anyway I haven't given Gray any stick for a while so this is overdue, Gray traps a ball further then I can throw my cap, his hold up and link up game is non-existent and his scoring record is abysmal, I'm still amazed that Watford haven't prosecuted us under the Trade Descriptions Act for selling them someone we described as a PL striker, when he clearly isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Would that be the same Andre Gray who has scored just 14 PL goals from open play in 71 PL games ? If so BT then I would suggest he didn't get enough stick. You can tell how poor Gray is, because the not an EPL footballer Chris Wood, has scored 10 already from less than half the games Gray has played, just 33.

Anyway I haven't given Gray any stick for a while so this is overdue, Gray traps a ball further then I can throw my cap, his hold up and link up game is non-existent and his scoring record is abysmal, I'm still amazed that Watford haven't prosecuted us under the Trade Descriptions Act for selling them someone we described as a PL striker, when he clearly isn't.
    The very same Andre Gray who coolly clipped one past Hart in the 3rd minute to set the Hornets up nicely for a 3-1 away win? Yes, indeed it was!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The very same Andre Gray who coolly clipped one past Hart in the 3rd minute to set the Hornets up nicely for a 3-1 away win? Yes, indeed it was!
    So he scored a goal from open play against us, I know, it's included in the 14 I've already mentioned he's scored in the PL, 14 in 71 games, Wood 10 in 33 games. No contest really is it, even Dianne Abbot would understand those figures.

So he scored a goal from open play against us, I know, it's included in the 14 I've already mentioned he's scored in the PL, 14 in 71 games, Wood 10 in 33 games. No contest really is it, even Dianne Abbot would understand those figures.
    Maybe,but she would probably use up all three lifelines and her two safety nets if the question was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire..

Trying to remember when "Mr Flash in the Pan" Wood last scored? Admit it sinkov, he would struggle to get in the Clitheroe side.

The big problem at the moment is that our front men are not getting the service.

I am convinced this will change soon once Brady and Defour are back.

And I reckon Vydra will be very successful here.

Most teams would miss a player like Ings though. And we can't afford to buy a player like that, unless we unearth a gem from somewhere.

I'm astounded how we have trudged along for 4 years with Vokes and Barnes, I'm not holding my breath for when Brady and D4 return either 59/60.

Thought this was a thread about BT and Alto..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)