+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Boring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T Boring

I think we need a political post from sid or a weird post about rabbits from tarkers to liven things up. It's so fcukin boring Elite is struggling to find someone to argue with at the moment! Or as peace really broken out ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think we need a political post from sid or a weird post about rabbits from tarkers to liven things up. It's so fcukin boring Elite is struggling to find someone to argue with at the moment! Or as peace really broken out ?

Corbyn is a Marxist moron.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Corbyn is a Marxist moron.
    Creepy 'anti-Semetic' Corbyn and his dumb cronies should never be allowed within 20 miles of Downing Street"

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Start a new thread called O/T Brexit with just a smiley face in the text and watch it snowball.

Used to love the fact that in the old 'Yellow Pages' under the heading 'Boring' it simply said 'see Civil Engineers'

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Used to love the fact that in the old 'Yellow Pages' under the heading 'Boring' it simply said 'see Civil Engineers'
    Whoooaaa! Steady on! I thought we put that one to bed fairly and squarely a few weeks ago.

I'll have you know just today (yes Saturday here in NZ, THAT'S how interesting Civil Engineering is), I was designing a geogrid reinforced gravel raft over silty sand that is liquefiable down to at least 5mBGL. There, see?

Oh, and if we're back on the O/T stuff, BFP is an arsehole.

Cheers.
    Last edited by AltyPie; 22-09-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Made geological description more accurate for all my fans.

Quote Originally Posted by altypie View Post
    whoooaaa! Steady on! I thought we put that one to bed fairly and squarely a few weeks ago.

I'll have you know just today (yes saturday here in nz, that's how interesting civil engineering is), i was designing a geogrid reinforced gravel raft over silty sand that is liquefiable down to at least 5mbgl. There, see?

Oh, and if we're back on the o/t stuff, bfp is an arsehole.

Cheers.
    Sorry couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    And they would be correct as in a "bore hole"... not in the context of a person's character. However I appreciate the humour . Back to the "political" theme, here are my thoughts.

Firstly I voted to leave the EU principally because I believe the UK should be in control of everything concerning our own country, not having in many cases to cow down to unelected foreign bureaucrats.

Corbyn .... A deluded uneducated Marxist prat with his "For the many not the few" mantra. Like many on here quickly forgets that what the "few" once did for the "many" - the slimeball doesn't know the first thing about patriotism.

Trump ....... Not a nice man but will piss the mid terms. Wanna bet you Lefties?

Theresa May ....... Too nice and correct but my betting is she'll be here for a good while yet as she's the best we have unfortunately.

To conclude .... Don't know why I bother about Brexit. At my age it won't affect me personally. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    And they would be correct as in a "bore hole"... not in the context of a person's character. However I appreciate the humour . Back to the "political" theme, here are my thoughts.

Firstly I voted to leave the EU principally because I believe the UK should be in control of everything concerning our own country, not having in many cases to cow down to unelected foreign bureaucrats.

Corbyn .... A deluded uneducated Marxist prat with his "For the many not the few" mantra. Like many on here quickly forgets that what the "few" once did for the "many" - the slimeball doesn't know the first thing about patriotism.

Trump ....... Not a nice man but will piss the mid terms. Wanna bet you Lefties?

Theresa May ....... Too nice and correct but my betting is she'll be here for a good while yet as she's the best we have unfortunately.

To conclude .... Don't know why I bother about Brexit. At my age it won't affect me personally. Amen.

Excellent post which I endorse 100%...

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Corbyn .... A deluded uneducated Marxist prat with his "For the many not the few" mantra.
    Is this the sort of Marxist mantra you mean?

"The government I lead will be driven not by the interests of the privileged few, but by yours. When we take the big calls, we’ll think not of the powerful, but you. When we pass new laws, we’ll listen not to the mighty but to you. When it comes to taxes, we’ll prioritise not the wealthy, but you. When it comes to opportunity, we won’t entrench the advantages of the fortunate few. We will do everything we can to help anybody, whatever your background, to go as far as your talents will take you".

Who do you think spouted those words? I'll give you a clue, her initials are TM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast