+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on New Training Ground and Stadium Expansion Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update on New Training Ground and Stadium Expansion Please

Not saying we need a Stadium Expansion but just asking what is the latest? We were told discussions were taking place but I cannot remember seeing any update. Does anyone know anything?

Similarly, we were having new training facilities modelled on Everton's but on a smaller scale. If we are to attract decent players and bring on young ones we need good facilities. Have these now been abandoned? Does anyone have any news?

I suspect it's in the usual hot air category Pete.
    It's been pretty clear since we got into the Championship that the club doesn't have a coherent plan and that most decisions are reactive. That's why we're in the mess we are.
    I also doubt if there has been any progress relating to the development of the Guest & Chrimes site as that will also be in the hot air category.
    Sorry to be so cynical but it's pretty clear that the people running the club are out of their depth at this level and it pains me to say that after everything that has been achieved in the Tony Stewart era.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It's been pretty clear since we got into the Championship that the club doesn't have a coherent plan and that most decisions are reactive. That's why we're in the mess we are.
    I also doubt if there has been any progress relating to the development of the Guest & Chrimes site as that will also be in the hot air category.
    Sorry to be so cynical but it's pretty clear that the people running the club are out of their depth at this level and it pains me to say that after everything that has been achieved in the Tony Stewart era.
    There is a thread running about the flood defences that are supposed to be built by RU Estates. The RMBC has taken over a good chunk of the costs due to financial difficulties.

It could be that the training ground would be built by another company but I'd doubt that any extention would be.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I hate to say it, but i agree with you MM.

The news is that there is no news on anything unfortunately.The Stubbs era is over but the legacy lives on.Not much we can do about the sad state we are in,only wait for better times,see you all at Derby.

Extra tea bar and a second hand portakabin on order.

Having been a miller for over 50 years have to agree, was only saying to my grandson yesterday the good times WILL come again but we have to accept that there will be bad times, ONCE A MILLER ALWAYS A MILLER,

It's hard to see the outstanding projects namely;

New training ground
    G&C
    Units at ground
    Car park

I think TS has put a lot in so far and the cost of relegation could be disasters us financially for us.

...were we promised a bridge to Westgate, The original stadium pics showed this.

gm, I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of building the stadium was greater than the initial estimate.

This could be;
    1, That the money that was alicated to the projects you list isn't there.
    2, The parteners that promissed to invest are no longer there.
    3, The National Trust aren't playing ball. Their long drawn out intervention could be putting investers off.
    4, He may not be able to do anything off the list until the flood defences are constructed and that has just been given the go ahead with the council helping out with the funding.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 07-11-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Just to be pedantic on number 3, it's English Heritage that's stopping progress there.

If you want some revenge then object to their plans to build a visitor centre at Clifford's Tower in York. Two can play the silly nimby game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast