+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Barker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Richie Barker

Joins club tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    Joins club tomorrow.
    Thought yo had retired Jolly.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Thought yo had retired Jolly.
    No just passing through.

Thought you all might to know.

Dumb and dumber

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    No just passing through.

Thought you all might to know.
    Well it's the best kept secret in Rotherham , pair of tossers if you ask Mr.

Welcome to NYS Barker, always was behind this move

How hefty will the compensation package be ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    How hefty will the compensation package be ?!!
    I heard they were paying us 2 million

Another Scoop by me comes to fruition.

Lucky I saw them both in John Lewis!

Charlton wanted 100K but may have agreed on a bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Another Scoop by me comes to fruition.

Lucky I saw them both in John Lewis!

Charlton wanted 100K but may have agreed on a bit less.
    Unbelievable,if we have paid his contract up.Does the board ever learn?We paid Hibs for a manager with no success to his name and now we are doing it again.This is a very good move for Barker but not for RUFC.I am hoping this is a wind up!!!!

"We paid Hibs for a manager with no success to his name"

Only a total rebirth of a club with 5/6 players when he arrived taking them to as close to a "double" as you can get - winning the cup and losing to Rangers in the play-offs ( and then only to another referee's mistake apparently )

Gates up and club totally re*****ised!

NL gave AS the recognition he deserved by building the side that won promotion this year - and according to Hibs fans Stubbs side played far better football .

He was a coach at EVERTON since 2006 and his management team served EVERTON for 19 years! They knew the football league well and were all TOP COACHES ! Pro-Licence holders which is recognised world wide.

Having worked at the EVERTON academy for years AS would have been uniquely qualified to develop our new facilities.

If Stubbs had the honeymoon period Warnsey has had we would be looking forward to another year in the championship - Izzy would still be here - Ward would still be scoring 1 / 2 ( as he was under Stubbs )....but alas.....

We would have rid ourselves of the OLD "old fashioned" defenders ( and high earners ) that have been the real reason for our demise this season....notably Wood - Kelly who AS dropped after the Villa debacle.

They have been ever present under PW and the goals just kept flowing in the wrong direction - but - sadly - under Warnsey's inept tactics Ward isn't scoring any more.....Well ....barely.

Compared to AS's pro-licence - Warne's course in Ireland is one of the basic coaching courses available and an "entry level" to coaching football.....

Perhaps AS's vision of all things football was bias towards excellence due to his time with EVERTON.....and our minuscule budget for the championship and forthcoming "facilities" may have caused friction between AS & TS.....whereas PW will be thankful for any job and will toe the line.

But as for future development we needed the likes of AS to pull us up to their level NOT to be easily satisfied with mediocrity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast