+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proctor and ......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Proctor and ......

Gamble !! (Oh I think I used that one before with another Proctor) well to me it's a massive gamble ! Regarded by Bolton as one of here worst ever strikers 😂 five goals in total last season, no previous history of ever have been a prolific striker, big, big,risk and hopefully he will not be sat on the shelf alongside Blackstock for most of the season !

I am getting a bit concerned about Warneys judgement to be honest, first he went off about bringing power and pace into the team,ie Bogle, Dicko type, now that seems to be forgotten, none of the new boys appear to have that quality, then he signs Williams who like Proctor would not appear to have had a decent season between them in their whole careers ? Then he offered good money for the Coventry defender and now appears to have binned that idea ? He bought Purrington for quite a fee and then he gets displaced by a free transfer player already at the club, finally he told us how good MORRIS was and would like to get him back on a seasons loan ! and that appears to be no longer an option.

Also Warney told us he needed 70 goals this season ! well if you add Proctors goals to Williams and Balls for last season, he needs to find another 50 goals from somewhere !!

Like I said big gamble ?

After reading that, Millerstale. It's not so much gambling, more like mug punting!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post

Also Warney told us he needed 70 goals this season ! well if you add Proctors goals to Williams and Balls for last season, he needs to find another 50 goals from somewhere !!
    Add Blackstock's contribution, based on last season, and we still need another 49 goals from somewhere.... very obvious that we are still lacking a proper goalscorer, and we're about to start the pre-season games

Proctor is not a gamble, as there is no chance of winning. He's been around at L1 level for long enough to show he's never going to be even a 12 goal a season striker. Bradford fans had a similar view to Preston's on his prowess or lack of.

In todays Advertiser Tony Stewart talks about wanting a repayment on his investment this season, just exactly where has this investment gone? I can't see any myself apart from cheap freebies and maybe wasting £75k on Proctor.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    In todays Advertiser Tony Stewart talks about wanting a repayment on his investment this season, just exactly where has this investment gone? I can't see any myself apart from cheap freebies and maybe wasting £75k on Proctor.
    He also talks about us being more professional in the way we select players, alluding to the computer and recruitment guy, no doubt. Well, there's no rocket science involved in the Proctor criteria, 'cheap big front man with League 1 experience'. But, who knows, he might prove to be a key piece in the jigsaw. That said, I'm still concerned about TS's delusionary tendencies, in the same article he says 'There is no team in League One that we can't challenge and go on to beat... we are a big club in League One'. After last season's debacle I would simply request he ensures that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    Proctor is not a gamble, as there is no chance of winning. He's been around at L1 level for long enough to show he's never going to be even a 12 goal a season striker. Bradford fans had a similar view to Preston's on his prowess or lack of.

What steams me off 😤 Is that we was quite happy to pay 2 million last season and TS talks about a top 5 budget and that he is putting an investment in, yet we won't buy a proven goal scorer and they are out there for the right price. Will we buy them? No we buy proctor the guy who barely scored 8 goals in league 2.

Honestly I have no idea what they are thinking. Is it really too much of a ask to buy one decent striker? My god us fans have waited long enough for one, haven't we?

Pretty obvious we have to get JCH firing straight away.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'll give him a chance and judge him when I've seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'll give him a chance and judge him when I've seen him play.
    Yes, they need the chance for regular games to build an understanding. Wanting 70 goals does still look like a more natural goalscorer is needed - but from where?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I'm with Yak, sometimes a player and a club just hit it off, Ronnie Moore springs to mind, Ronnie was never prolific anywhere else but had a couple of great seasons for us, so, judge him when he's played a bit.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast