+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rooney Retires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rooney Retires

Hung up his boots for England. Many dislike him but I think it's a great loss to the national team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41027204

Thanks for the memories, Wazza!

He is a legend of the English game. End of. Not too sure he's a loss to the current England setup though. He's made the right choice and doesn't need the grief when he doesn't perform anymore.

I for one hope he can focus all his spare time on developing DCL at Everton so when one of the giants sign him for £50 million plus we mere minnows at Sheff Utd see some sell on advantages :-)

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    I for one hope he can focus all his spare time on developing DCL at Everton so when one of the giants sign him for £50 million plus we mere minnows at Sheff Utd see some sell on advantages :-)
    Yes, we're certainly reaping the rewards of the sell-on fees for Harry and Kyle aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Yes, we're certainly reaping the rewards of the sell-on fees for Harry and Kyle aren't we?

Nuff said CD

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

Nuff said CD
    That Blackhole needs fillin.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    That Blackhole needs fillin.UTCB
    Yosser Hughes is good with the black stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Hung up his boots for England. Many dislike him but I think it's a great loss to the national team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41027204

Thanks for the memories, Wazza!
    Not dislike, but I think we were all sold a potential that wasn't quite in him. Exceptional at club level, but disappointing for England despite all his goals and appearances. One of the golden generation who failed to deliver.

My old sparring partner aussieowl will be celebrating this news - he absolutely hates Rooney.

I think he'll be a loss - and still could have played a positive role in Russia. Never matched the impact he made in his first tournament unfortunately but is still our top scorer ... you don't achieve that by being a mug.

Deserves a medal for takin Kane off corners as well.