+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The slide begins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The slide begins

Wont be long before we are near bottom 3 playing like this, probably 4 of the smallest clubs in the prem brigton burnley Huddersfield and Bournemouth and lost all 4.....absolutely terrible

Good to see your optimistic

It was always going to be a long slog of a season, we've been over exceeding expectations.

You watch though, after all these we'll probs beat Man Utd 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

It was always going to be a long slog of a season, we've been over exceeding expectations.

exceeding expectations
    loosing to burnley bournmouth huddesfield and brighton

im sorry you may not but i expected us to beat them

especially the home games

I don't see why we should have to endure this garbage.
    We have no reason to be thankful to Rafa or anyone for scraps.
    We deserve to be entertained by right and the manager and players have a duty to provide some.

I don't want to spend every week looking at a league table and saying, " yeah we played dire and negative 90% of the time but we've scraped a few points more than most expected at this time."

I'm not going to spend any time blowing any smoke up Rafa's aris either.
    He has the ability to set us up to play much better football but chooses to be pig headed with players and also seems to concentrate too much on caution.
    It's effing annoying and I'm sick to death of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    Wont be long before we are near bottom 3 playing like this, probably 4 of the smallest clubs in the prem brigton burnley Huddersfield and Bournemouth and lost all 4.....absolutely terrible
    Worst of all was that we were out battled and out played at home in the second half today. Even though we should have had the game wrapped up by HT, that isnīt good enough.

I thought Atsu, Elliott and Lejeune played well but the rest were below average and Gayle did nowt to change my mind. To be fair Mitro might not have been the right substitution for the end of the game but Murphy cost us.

From what i could see.

It was when Perez came on we really began to look very poor, as opposed to poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

We seem to always loose against the small clubs happens all the time its annoying but that's football.

I didn't realize just how fu*kin' desperate we are for a goal scorer or two, today's front men were absolutely abysmal. We should be beating these teams especially at home. Joselu has a morbid fear of the other teams' goal area, fu*kin' useless oxygen thief !!
    Ditto Perez and Gayle. If we don't spend in January we will be screwed if we have to depend on these fu*kers.
    Best player today for me was Elliot even though his distribution is crap.

To be fair to Joselu-and I know it doesn't help when his main job is to score goals but he couldn't hit an elephant's arse with a frying pan-he works very hard and actually does some good work in terms of winning the ball and laying it off. I was actually looking forward to seeing how Gayle worked off him but Gayle was miles off the pace (understandable, given his lack of playing time thus far).

Perez needs to stop spending so much of his time on his arse.

I agree, though...if we don't spend in January then we are in big, big trouble. 3 clean sheets in 11 means we need to score to get something out of a game (and score at least twice to get the 3 points) and those front two (Joselu and Perez) have 2 goals in 11 games between them.

We all knew that in summer though, as did Rafa.

He just didn't manage to get who he wanted - not that Abrahams has set Swansea alight.

I 100% agree we need a scorer in Jan though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)