+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T New British passports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T New British passports

Prduction of new BLUE British passport contract awarded to French company
    Good eh?

British company loses out to french / dutch competitor with possible uk job losses .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nco-dutch-firm

If you drive through France or Holland, you will see that every other petrol station is a Shell or a BP. If you look at the label in your underpants, you'll find that they have been made in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, or similar.

We live in a globalised economy.

If a Franco Dutch company can produce the new passports cheaper and at a comparable standard to a British company then so be it. What's the alternative? Should British people have to pay more for their passports to keep Exile and the editors of The Sun and Daily Mail happy?

Labour supporters should bear in mind that this sort of thing happens, particularly when increased regulation, taxation and labour costs make a country's industry uncompetitive in world markets.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    If you drive through France or Holland, you will see that every other petrol station is a Shell or a BP. If you look at the label in your underpants, you'll find that they have been made in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, or similar.

If a Franco Dutch company can produce the new passports cheaper and at a comparable standard to a British company then so be it. What's the alternative? Should British people have to pay more for their passports to keep Exile and the editors of The Sun and Daily Mail happy?

Labour supporters should bear in mind that this sort of thing happens, particularly when increased regulation, taxation and labour costs make a country's industry uncompetitive in world markets.

Kerr I have made neither an in favour or against judgment
    You can make your comments from a position of absolute safety in your job can't you? & you'd know more about those two rags than I do
    Try posting on Millers board re Analytica
    As a matter of interest just how many threads have you actually started on any board

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

I’d like to keep Exile and the readers of Sun and DM.. (I’m one) happy, but I don’t want to pay any more for a bit of card and a photo than I have to.
    Put my photo and name on a bank card and I could travel with that....
    Why need a passport? In fact, I would agree to be microchipped, like a dog..... Why not ? Provided everyone enteringnEurooe does the same .......

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’d like to keep Exile and the readers of Sun and DM.. (I’m one) happy, but I don’t want to pay any more for a bit of card and a photo than I have to.
    Put my photo and name on a bank card and I could travel with that....
    Why need a passport? In fact, I would agree to be microchipped, like a dog..... Why not ? Provided everyone enteringnEurooe does the same .......
    To be fair, we don't know what would make Exile happy as he has been keen to stress that he has not offered any opinion upon whether he thinks the passport contract going to a non-UK company is a good or a bad thing.

£120m cheaper to offer the contract to the french / dutch company .

Clearly the uk company went in way too high , that's a significant differential .

I don't know if it's Del A Rue based in the North East that have put the bid in ? They used to print cheque books etc for all Major Banks, and charged an absolute fortune for the priveledge, Printing of Cheque books will soon become a thing of the past, it maybe that if it is them ? They may want to make a killing out of printing passports ? GREEDY GREEDY FIRM , good luck to the firm that wins this contract and possibly keeping the cost of renewal or new passports cheaper , Carnt fault em

Sorry just noticed Animal's post said it was Del a Rue

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Sorry just noticed Animal's post said it was Del a Rue

What, do you seriously think that any savings will be passed on to the consumer
    Who's going to pay for redundancies unemployment benefits etc
    Oh yeah the taxpayer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast