+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne's take on why Williams didn't find a Championship club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warne's take on why Williams didn't find a Championship club

No he simply wasn't good enough . Could not hit a barn door from a yard way. His stats prove that .Any club first thing they would do is check those before even think about offering him a deal . Just like Taylor he though he was better than he is .

That may have been me on social media where I suggested he's gone back to Portsmouth because he likes sailors. It's certainly a possibility.

He'll be gutted England won the World Cup and the convicts got an absolute thrashing last Thursday. Wait til the Ashes start Ryan.

Another one who might think we,re stalking him.
    A not so good player who's left. Rotherham United are much bigger and more important than him

I totally agree that him, Taylor or Forde are not good enough for the Championship. Williams isn't a winger because he doesn't take on full backs, he isn't a forward because he can't finish and he isn't a midfielder because he doesn't put his foot in of ping passes about.

But I'll have a bigger issue when he plays against us this season and he's booed by morons and that lifts his game to Roy Race proportions.

Well I quite liked him and think he would thrive in a formation that suits his style of play. Perhaps Jackett will bring out the best in him, hopefully not against us!

Ffs Warney, he didn’t ask to come back because he didn’t want to

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ffs Warney, he didn’t ask to come back because he didn’t want to
    nearly right I bet.

Will do well in league 1, pity it's not with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Will do well in league 1, pity it's not with us.
    I think that you're right Towner but if we're going to go back up I think that it's ended at the right time.

"No he simply wasn't good enough"

Oh yes he is....

He was asked to run run run like the rest of our "flair players" so they've all gone looking to be used as they would like to be used. The fact that Williams thinks he has a better chance of getting championship football at our league one rivals places question marks against the band of brothers scenario PW is supposed to have created. Up front all the flair players did was to chase down because we created little and even when we nicked a lead we lost it. All for glaringly obvious reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast