+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Burchnall out

I’m calling it. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I’m calling it. Not looking good.
    Get in!

Champions!

Listened to his pre match interview, the more I hear the less I like, sooner have stuck with Ardo

Not impressed so far. Seems to scared to upset the old guard , tonight even worse than an Ardley performance.

The thing is Ardley had changed the tactics based on the players losing confidence and it got results at least in the short term.
    IBs not going to change the tactics as it will be against his philosophy and why the owners bought him on.
    Whether the decision is wrong to hire him I think the timing definitely was, as if they think his main skill is coaching, there’s no time to coach and it’s about man management and winning by whatever means with this glut of fixtures. As for who recruited the squad, seems its Ardley now when a lot were saying the owners, truth is it will be a mix.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The thing is Ardley had changed the tactics based on the players losing confidence and it got results at least in the short term.
    IBs not going to change the tactics as it will be against his philosophy and why the owners bought him on.
    Whether the decision is wrong to hire him I think the timing definitely was, as if they think his main skill is coaching, there’s no time to coach and it’s about man management and winning by whatever means with this glut of fixtures. As for who recruited the squad, seems its Ardley now when a lot were saying the owners, truth is it will be a mix.
    How many of this squad can be coached? Some turds cannot be polished. Agreed that we need some fires lit to get the players at least trying.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    How many of this squad can be coached? Some turds cannot be polished. Agreed that we need some fires lit to get the players at least trying.
    I can remember thinking the same about the squad Steve Thompson and Colin Murphy assembled many years ago. They looked a right ramshackle bunch, and yet Sam Allardyce took most of the same players and turned them into record-breaking champions. It took him six months to undo the damage caused by his predecessors though!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I can remember thinking the same about the squad Steve Thompson and Colin Murphy assembled many years ago. They looked a right ramshackle bunch, and yet Sam Allardyce took most of the same players and turned them into record-breaking champions. It took him six months to undo the damage caused by his predecessors though!
    I also think it's going to take six months before we start to see anything resembling and Ian Burchnall style and team as well.

Right now it's a case of playing with the cards he's been dealt with, and all he can do is shuffle the pack around with each passing game based on injuries / fatigue.

It's an odd one though. I accept what many say that he needs to be given time, but then on the other hand, a good manager would work out pretty quickly where changes need to be made. Even before the Horncastle game, surely he was watching videos of Notts matches? From those he could have seen where the weaknesses are and what needs strengthening.

I still don't think we need new players though. There will be a couple of bad eggs that need moving on. One thing that reminds me of the Fullarton era, is the lack of goal scoring opportunities. Seriously, these teams we are creating nothing against don't exactly have international quality defences/midfields. Just kicking the ball forward and telling the forwards to chase it would create at least a few chances. Someone once said 'if ye dinnae shoot, ye cannae score'. How simple is that?

Finally as much as I love Jonnyt, I actually started the Burchnall Out thread the day the man started!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If they think his main skill is coaching, there’s no time to coach and it’s about man management and winning by whatever means with this glut of fixtures.
    You win the prize Matt.....They've been coached to death........What they need right now is leadership,motivation,encouragement,and a likable personality at the helm.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast