+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dane Murphy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dane Murphy

Must be laughing his co ck off , 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Must be laughing his co ck off , 😃
    Got the blend right at Forest , plenty of young talent in the team but some experience around em .

Aye Dane 's dropped on his feet at Forest alright .

I've got a theory about why Dane left and the way it happened .

It's only a theory and I'm probably wrong .

I wonder because Dane was an ex pro and the infamous " we didn't sell any players " comment he was asked by Conway to have an input in to team selection this season and do what he could to generate some player sales .

Of course with Dane an ex pro he's never going to agree to that and he decided to leave .

I could be way wrong but I wouldn't entirely dismiss it either given what's occurred this season .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I wonder because Dane was an ex pro and the infamous " we didn't sell any players " comment he was asked by Conway to have an input in to team selection this season and do what he could to generate some player sales .

Of course with Dane an ex pro he's never going to agree to that and he decided to leave .

I could be way wrong but I wouldn't entirely dismiss it either given what's occurred this season .
    Probably more to do with him more than doubling his wage, at a big club with a illustrious history and the potential to progress quickly up the football pyramid. Plus the fact he gets to run the club like a proper CEO rather than be just a lacky for this consortium.

Interesting you say that Animal as I have a theory with no evidence either.
    I wonder if the reason Dane left like he did was because he went off plan, with some of his recruitment decisions last season etc.
    Like you I wonder if this was as a result of his footballing element kicking in.

I'd say tha might not be far off with that assessment missen

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd say tha might not be far off with that assessment missen
    I was taken under the wing years ago of a experienced union rep .

He always said thas got to think like management do to understand their motives .

All Conway is interested in is money , that's all he mentions when he emerges from his cave .

Everything that tw@t says to the media is all related to money .

He looks at football players only one way , how much can I make on this player or that player .

The training ground and dressing room was one area at the club where he had no control , money men have to have control .

Val delivered the play offs but not the sales Conway wanted because of the style of play possibly .

Conway isn't having that where money is concerned , he wants total control so he can affect things that bring him what he desires most .

The bstrd's that greedy he's fecked everything up for us all .

What other owner dismisses a Champship Play off season like that ehh. We were so close to a Wembley final and a season in the Prem again, but he verbally sha*t all over it. That alone is unforgivable yet some fans won't hear a bad word said about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What other owner dismisses a Champship Play off season like that ehh. We were so close to a Wembley final and a season in the Prem again, but he verbally sha*t all over it. That alone is unforgivable yet some fans won't hear a bad word said about him.
    All that bstrd could say was its cost us £500k to reach the play offs .

I suspect because the players had clauses built in to their contracts that paid them a good bonus if they achieved it .

This tw@t clearly resented it because I reckon he never thought they'd have to pay out on it .

But I bet Conway & co were also really disappointed at us not going up, because of the money they could have earned from it.
    Hes a hard worker is that bloke and he would have deservedly earned every single penny of it lol.
    Just compare it though, half a mill maybe spent to reach the play offs, against how much for just one season in the Prem ?. And three extra 'parachute' payments seasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast