+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca to Leicester?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Macca to Leicester?

Only a rumour from a Leicester fan friend I’m afraid….no link or anything.

I could see this actually, would be a cheap with little risk signing for them, similar style to Vardy and could learn a lot from him. 1.5 - 2 million would secure him I reckon 😬

Do Leicester have the money? They didn't spend any real money last year

Hopefully they aren't looking for a Vardy v2

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Do Leicester have the money? They didn't spend any real money last year
    I imagine so, easily

I would like to think that these clubs are a but more astute. Mecca we t hiding in the games against Wrexham Away, Boreham Wood and Chesterfield. He will be man marked now and when he is, he isn't the goalscorer that he was. There will be a better class of defender even if he stays with us. They should all wait another season TBF.

“The Rumour Mill”.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    I would like to think that these clubs are a but more astute. Mecca we t hiding in the games against Wrexham Away, Boreham Wood and Chesterfield. He will be man marked now and when he is, he isn't the goalscorer that he was. There will be a better class of defender even if he stays with us. They should all wait another season TBF.
    Not sure I’d agree that Macca went missing in those games - he had several chances against both Boreham Wood and Chesterfield, and his workrate definitely couldn’t be faulted.

Be an amazing opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business in Jamie Vardy, but who knows if there’s any truth in it. Notts wouldn’t stand in his way if the right bid came in, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    While he did dry up over the last few games I wouldn't say he went missing. The opposition closed him down and we very rarely got the ball into the right place for him (a foretaste of L2?). His game is based on running onto a ball and we were forced into a possession game around the edges of a packed defensive third. Couldn't fault his work rate trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    While he did dry up over the last few games I wouldn't say he went missing. The opposition closed him down and we very rarely got the ball into the right place for him (a foretaste of L2?). His game is based on running onto a ball and we were forced into a possession game around the edges of a packed defensive third. Couldn't fault his work rate trying though.
    Agree. Wrexham did a really good job of nullifying our main attacking threat which was crosses from the wing backs, and remember Boreham Wood had the best defensive record in the division. If Macca doesn't get the service he still works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    This. I really hope we can keep him because I think he's another with a top notch attitude. However, we did struggle for shots on target at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Whether that's down to other teams sussing out LW's style, or just us not being able to overcome 10 players behind the ball playing a quick press, OR a dip in form from ML and RR, or all of the above, it's hard to say exactly.

LW is such an exciting manager right now. With Macca, or with the money from Macca's sale, t's going to be hugely interesting to see how and what Williams does next season.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast