+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Play offs

A Recruitment system is about the incomings and the outgoings - not constantly buying on the cheap - Brentford have copied our model and implemented it successfully .

I’ll give you an example - to my knowledge we could’ve signed Alfie may for £500000, although at 29 he is knocking on - bearing in mind duff had got him firing at Cheltenham - Charlton got him instead and he’s scored circa 30 goals this season - his goals would’ve likely taken us up under duff. What’s his resale value now? I would imagine £2m+

Instead of getting a DoF that we’ve never heard of why didn’t we go for a Wilson, McCarthy type - someone who can look at these players’ body language when the chips are down and understand a managers perspective and present that to the board - I’m sure iseka and oulares stats were amazing, but other sides of them clearly weren’t!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

Instead of getting a DoF that we’ve never heard of why didn’t we go for a Wilson, McCarthy type - someone who can look at these players’ body language when the chips are down and understand a managers perspective and present that to the board - I’m sure iseka and oulares stats were amazing, but other sides of them clearly weren’t!

Great question renno. Why don't we bring in an experienced ex professional?

Answer- because these nitwits don't listen to reason or common sense and theh want a head ciach who is like a puppet on a string. They think they know best quite clearly. There's an air of arrogance not only in their demeanour but also the stuff JAQ has written/said in recent times. Their lack of football knowledge is embarrassing and that doesn't constitute the arrogance that they show. To be arrogant (if there's any need to be) thaz got to be exceptional at something and they are far from exceptional in terms of knowledge of football. They are just making themselves look more stupid in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Great question renno. Why don't we bring in an experienced ex professional?

Answer- because these nitwits don't listen to reason or common sense and theh want a head ciach who is like a puppet on a string. They think they know best quite clearly. There's an air of arrogance not only in their demeanour but also the stuff JAQ has written/said in recent times. Their lack of football knowledge is embarrassing and that doesn't constitute the arrogance that they show. To be arrogant (if there's any need to be) thaz got to be exceptional at something and they are far from exceptional in terms of knowledge of football. They are just making themselves look more stupid in my opinion.
    The likes of DW and MM probably wouldn’t join for this reason!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    The likes of DW and MM probably wouldn’t join for this reason!
    Does anyone actually believe that these forward thinking directors are going to employ old fashioned ex managers such as Warnock, Wilson or McCarthy ???
    No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Does anyone actually believe that these forward thinking directors are going to employ old fashioned ex managers such as Warnock, Wilson or McCarthy ???
    No chance.
    No but this guy is heavily tipped to be our next HC .

This isn't good news for you either , he's a possession type HC and it also throws your Barnsley Way out of the window , just as many of us have tried telling you .

Who are you going to blame now YN ?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/m...re_article-top

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No chance.
    Forward thinking my arse 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No but this guy is heavily tipped to be our next HC .

This isn't good news for you either , he's a possession type HC and it also throws your Barnsley Way out of the window , just as many of us have tried telling you .

Who are you going to blame now YN ?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/m...re_article-top
    I’d be extremely surprised if they employed another tippy tappy style HC.
    I think the fans at the games would go crackers if they did.
    It seems that it’s only on this message board that tippy tappy Collins has any level of support.

If the club has approached Thalhammer but failed to land him - then they will be looking for someone else in that mould.
    Vertical football.
    Counterattack.
    Swarm.
    High press.

Personally I’d hope that Ismael would return.
    Same players - top of the league.

Be able to see how his team plays Crawley v MK Dons 3 pm Sky TV.

you can also see how he's worked with Kyran Lofthouse.

Forward thinking board?
    The Barnsley way?
    Jesus nudger give your head a shek

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast