+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth goalkeeper

Plymouth goalkeeper

Plymouth goalkeeper Michael cooper is expected to leave for 8 million……

Just let that sink it and realise what an absolute joke our club are when it comes to bringing money in on transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Plymouth goalkeeper Michael cooper is expected to leave for 8 million……

Just let that sink it and realise what an absolute joke our club are when it comes to bringing money in on transfers.
    Dare l say it but victor must have insisted on the release clause when signing his latest contract it's most probably the best the club could do

Quote Originally Posted by OneJohnnyQuinn View Post
    Dare l say it but victor must have insisted on the release clause when signing his latest contract it's most probably the best the club could do
    Look, you can have a pint and your star keeper leaves for a pittance, or you can have a respectable fee and buy your own beer. You can't have everything.

Plymouth goalkeeper

On Plymouth fans Facebook page apparently there goalkeeper will shortly be announced been sold for 8 million.

Could be click bait could be true.

Could be the difference between paying peanuts and paying decent money.

Who knows

Heard it earlier today.

Several things to consider if it's true.

1. Plymouth are still a Championship club, we are not.

2. They have him on a good contract, for the good of his beautiful nature, Viktor signed another one to help us out when he could have walked away but we, could have extended his contract a further two years back but we didn't such as we play on, 'We don't know where we'll be in two years time'.

3. That is the difference for getting millions for your players or minuscule amounts as in our case. We need a solid negotiator brought in to our club so transfer fess both in and out are handled at a more professional level but, Tony will not let anyone else fill this role such is his 'I run it all attitude'. Sorry to say that but that's where I see one of our main cruxes and that's what has bit him on the arse time and again and will never change but no one dare tell him that..fact!

Imagine Barry Fry handling in this position? by that I don't mean Chairman, we'd be far better off as he knows how to demand, and get, top prices for his players.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-05-2024 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Heard it earlier today.

2. They have him on a good contract, for the good of his beautiful nature, Viktor signed another one to help us out when he could have walked away but we, could have extended his contract a further two years back but we didn't such as we play on, 'We don't know where we'll be in two years time'.

3. That is the difference for getting millions for your players or minuscule amounts as in our case. We need a solid negotiator brought in to our club so transfer fess both in and out are handled at a more professional level but, Tony will not let anyone else fill this role such is his 'I run it all attitude'. Sorry to say that but that's where I see one of our main cruxes and that's what has bit him on the arse time and again and will never change but no one dare tell him that..fact!

Imagine Barry Fry handling in this position? by that I don't mean Chairman, we'd be far better off as he knows how to demand, and get, top prices for his players.
    He’ll end up at somewhere like Celtic, Villa or Ipswich - for a sizeable fee. Won’t be surprised if Viktor is on their radar. Ex colleague who follows Argyle said he’d have Viktor - plus - and I’m not kidding - Odoffin and Eaves - he thought Tom was good on the deck for a big man and felt they lacked a physical presence with a few goals up front. He reckons they’ll get decent money for Whittaker (S Lisbon or Lazio) and centre back Gibson - Luton sniffing around apparently…..

Seems like they are getting in young talent and looking to cash in for sizeable profits - good on them if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Heard it earlier today.

League doesn't matter ability does..if viktor had Plymouth team in front off him they would off finished higher.

I'm not blaming viktor at all...he has done us a favour.

We are a workman's club.

Million pound and we **** ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    He’ll end up at somewhere like Celtic, Villa or Ipswich - for a sizeable fee. Won’t be surprised if Viktor is on their radar. Ex colleague who follows Argyle said he’d have Viktor - plus - and I’m not kidding - Odoffin and Eaves - he thought Tom was good on the deck for a big man and felt they lacked a physical presence with a few goals up front. He reckons they’ll get decent money for Whittaker (S Lisbon or Lazio) and centre back Gibson - Luton sniffing around apparently…..

Seems like they are getting in young talent and looking to cash in for sizeable profits - good on them if it works
    Your mate sounded like he knows what he talking about until he mentioned Eaves.

If hes worth 8, Viktor is worth 10 - MIN.

That £1m clause probably felt like big money.

This relegation will have cost us about £15million

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Your mate sounded like he knows what he talking about until he mentioned Eaves.
    You say that WLB but that finish against Cardiff was sublime for such a big lad.He interviews very well and seems to have a point to prove.Time will tell of course but with a new manager and League 1 beckoning.........you never know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast