i think there could be something interesting at the club that is leading to these things - that there is someone/more than one who really really knows footballers, and knows the slightly better qualities of one over another - we seem to be seeing it with the new arrivals that have played so far, hopefully it will continue - that they are better than those they've replaced, perhaps sometimes for different reasons.

I think Wiedwald has been put in there because of his distribution - think i said before, like the Man City replacement for Hart. He clearly has better feet than Green, but like others i'm worried with what i've seen of his catching and clean shot stopping.

With Dallas, he's great at quite a lot, but he's slow for a winger, and more defensive than attacking at times. Clearly Alioski and Saiz are better than him in the attacking sense, and they also looking great defensively. If Dallas goes, maybe they will replace him with a sub for those two that is better than him all round.

Hate to tempt fate, but if whoever it is that's doing this recruitment is getting it so right so far, then offloading Bridcutt, Green, Dallas etc might turn out to be really good business as long as the replacements keep being as good as the new players so far. (Although i'm still reserving judgement on Wiedwald so far!)