+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Managers Contracts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Managers Contracts?

These mystify me! Because the contracts are mostly 2 or 3 years and more in some cases. Mourhino could be 4 years but its certainly three. Steve Davis has got a 2 year deal with Leyton Orient etc etc..

Why do clubs do that when they seem to end up paying huge compensation when it doesn't work out? I assume SD got a years pay when he was sacked?

David Moyes is being suggested as the new West Ham manager and he was a failure at Everton, at ManU and Sunderland and he got what was it 8 million when he was sacked at ManU?

My point is why not appoint managers on a 3 months contract and then if if things are OK its extended and if not that is the most they will get? You may say that decent managers wouldn't do that but why not if clubs like ManU would pay you a million pounds for that period, assuming Mourhino is on 4 million year.

Lots of managers are out of work like SD was and so wouldn't he have jumped at the chance of a 3 month deal?

Just two examples where I can't see why they can't be offered that sort of contract and they then have a choice don't they. I think most people in ordinary jobs get what 3 months or 6 months notice?

I have often wondered why clubs especially in the PL don't go for that....The other option is payment by results. eg if the club is in the bottom 6 they are paid half like a bonus payment etc...

David Moyes is worth tens of millions and he has yet to find success anywhere.....OK for some!

David Artell would probably have signed a 3 month deal being its his first managerial role and its not that any club would sack their manager in any particular situation or run of bad results, just that it gives them the option and maybe even focus the managers attention that what is the phrase used about football? Ah....Its a results business!

BTW I don't know what deal DA is on and guessing its a 12 rolling one like SD was...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.