I wonder if many are thinking, 'What a stupid time to come out with this announcement' like I am?

We are half way through the transfer window and he comes out with this statement that could really derail everything, the manager could walk, supporters hoy their ST's in as there is two weeks left for decisions to be made etc. Is that what he wants?

Is he just gambling AGAIN and genuinely couldn't give a flying one which division we are in, and is even willing to lose £150m + in likely value of the club to put us as fans/Rafa in our place or just to get his 'thrill' for the next 4 months?

Is he that worried about our situation that he is thinking feck it I need to take control of this and guarantee the club stays in the Prem by making a decent amount of money available to spend, then re look at a sale in the summer?

If some or all of the above is the case why say at the end of the statement that it was a waste of time, as that is belittling Staveley and PCP, the only viable bid that has come in, or so we are led to believe?

The problem is you just cant second guess him and the club is just a second thought to him.