Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
You have a very good point Lancaster.

I think of our youth set up like the general transfer window, we just cannot compete.

With Manchester City having 600 players on their books (Mike Garlick's words) what chance do we have ? The cast offs, the one's that have potential yet others cannot see ?

I heard we had the chance of getting a 16 year old youth player who really had potential 8 years ago, we was about to sign him when a top 6 Club came in with cash for his parents and a house, obviously he walked away from us as obviously we cannot compete with that, he's now plying his trade at the same Club, Man Utd.

Another one around the same time was promising who's name I cannot remember, Man Utd scooped him away for £1 Million, with it was stated at the time a friendly at the Turf with Man Utd, the friendly never materialised, and the player disappeared without a trace.

There are rules for ****agers in what you can offer or what you can entice them with for their services, but our FA (as useless as they are) turn a blind eye when it suits them.
The 14 year old who Manchester United scooped up was I believe John Cofie who did not develop. On the other hand we took Keane Mee and Trippier from the Manchester clubs because they would rather buy foreign imports.