Did anyone watch the Spurs Rochdale game last night on TV? Robbie Savage whining on about how long it takes?

I just don't understand what all the moaning was about. 4 "goals" to be checked and a penalty decision. With the exception of the first disallowed goal, I'd say VAR got it right, and the first one was very much a judgement call - could have gone either way. Without VAR i suspect it would have been allowed, with VAR it wasn't.

But to listen to Savage whining on about the time it took (about a minute a referral) you would have thought half an hour had been added to the game. In fact 5 minutes added time in first half, so maybe 4 of these were down to VAR.

Who cares if it adds a few minutes to the game? In rugby union where checks are made on scores etc by a video ref, the game seems to be stopped for even longer. But speaking personally I would sooner the right decision was made, and the game goes on for a couple of minutes longer than a wrong decision ruin the game's outcome.

One thing I would suggest though is that the match clock be stopped when a referral is made and not restarted until that decision is enacted. I know this take part of time management out of the ref's hands, but it might aid in "fan management".