Whether is from the perspective of our owner or my own I just can't agree with all the certaintity of doom and gloom surrounding our great club's near future.

Foreign owners buy Premier League primarily for the kudos of owning an English football team from the league that is a hugely successful world wide brand. For Lai I would think the Premier League is everything and so he will have a massive motivation to get us back quickly both for the kudos and to protect his investment. Talk of asset stripping, fire sales, ground sales, Coventry & Portsmouth parallels are imo ridiculous and unnecessarily pessimistic at this time. If we did struggle for a couple of seasons in the Championship then I would be concerned about Lai losing interest. But why assume that, why not assume we can rebuild and have a couple of exciting seasons?

For me staying in the Prem is not everything as what it guarantees is season of just trying to stay up. We would finish between 10th and 20th with 30-45 points. In the Championship could finish anywhere between 1st and 24th and have 45-100 points. Some on here seem convinced it would be 20th or worse but why assume the worst? Get rid of deadwood, bring in a young manager commited to attacking football, introduce some of our supposedly excellent academy players into the first team and the 2018/19 season will potentially be an exciting one and the football better than what I have witnessed for the past few seasons of watching other teams have most of the ball.

I have already booked up most of March April and May weekends for this year as I know I won't be missing anything from my team. But next season I hope to nothing booked up in case I miss the match we clinch the Championship or automatic or a play off place or a visit to Wembley. I am sure there are those of thinking more likely a relegation 6 pointer. Well you live in your world and leave me happy in the expectation of an interesting season.

So COYB put a smile back on a few faces.