Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
1975 springs to mind for me had another great team that nearly got to europe the best midfielder in england and just needed a couple of quality signings to be going for the title and who do we buy chris guthrie !!!
Good shout SOB as other years spring to mind when we have been let down my the deep rooted mentality that is embedded in our great club.

One year for me was when we played Leeds at home on the last day of the season or very near to, Leeds were on the verge of the league title but what I witnessed that day was (Apart from the infamous Brian Gayle own goal) a classy display from the Blades despite losing 3-2 when I walked away from that game thinking, wow, we only have to get Deano a partner up front and a tweak here and there to actually go for a top 6 (yes - top 6) the next season.

The rest of course is history as we actually deteriorated from that day onwards.

That is why I fear the future medium term as CW is not daft and he is not going to hang around for much longer due to the innate lack of ambition in comparison to other even smaller clubs than ourselves.

Just listen to CW in his pre and post match interviews as despite telling it as it is you can also read between the lines and feel his frustrations because he is a Blade at the end of the day which makes it even harder for him to stomach.

UTB