I am an ex smoker.
To start off with, how many people smoke right now and how many do you smoke, plus what brand are they?

Pipe or cigars and do you inhale those?
Cigarettes or loose tobacco and do you inhale those?

How many would like to quit and how many of you are in the process of trying different things to do so, like chewing gum or vaping, etc?

I know how difficult it can be for many people to give up smoking and the reasons for it.
I gave up for three very good reasons.

1. My health.

2. My son badgering me.

3. My wife.

All 3 very good reasons and I'll explain more about then as time goes on if anyone is interested.

I'd like to think my experiences could help other people who might want to quit but believe they don't have the willpower or have too much stress going on in their lives etc, to even dare contemplate it.
Believe me I had all the excuses in the world not to stop but I've been smoke free for over 3 years now.

I'll use this topic to explain my addiction and refusal to fully stop right up to stopping and I sincerely hope it helps anyone who believes they can't quit but would dearly love to.

The basic key to it all is in having reasons to actually do it or taking advantage of an opportunity, as I did and how much you believe you are addicted...because trust me, many people come out with " ohhhh I can stop any time I want but I just enjoy the odd smoke."

I've done all of that. Every excuse ever invented I've probably used.

Anyway, if anyone's up for talking about it feel free and in between I'll tell my story and hope it helps those that are having a hard time trying to stop.