I went to Accy today.

I hope they win this league. Such a nice set of fans and a great atmosphere before the game with the marquee put on with live music. Me and my Dad were overwhelmed by how friendly everybody was (not surprising really with it being Lancashire). We went to a couple of pubs as well and the Accy fans were warm and welcoming, it's testament to their set up really. I'd much rather Accy win it than Luton....That really is a ****hole with nobhead fans.

Anyway, let's turn our attention to the game....

Notts, first 10 mins looked like the better team. Accy's goal actually came against the run of play, but it was poor defending from us.

We huffed and puffed and got a good chance with Forte but unfortunately it hit the bar. Gutted. The game could have completely changed after that.

Somebody mentioned Collin on another thread....he had a great game to be fair. he made some brilliant saves that kept us in the game.

Forte...yes, I also felt a bit sorry for him when he was the lone striker. There wasn't much he could do. Kev's first half plan was to pack the midfeild and make us difficult to break down, and it would have worked if we hadn't given away the sloppy goal.

Virtue...has been criticised again on here but I actually think he did ok too. He was more effective in the second half when moved a bit further forward and he should have scored really, but when your confidence is a bit low, they don't go in.

Last 25 mins or so, when we stuck 2 up front, we did look a bit more threatening, but Accy's defence was on point and everything seemed to be falling their way. We just couldn't get a clean shot off (apart from Grant....who also should have scored). Maybe he thought he was offside like everyone else?

Anyhow, these are just thoughts. I don't think we under-performed. We went away to top of the league (the in form team) and we could have come away with a point, possibly even 3 if both our good chances would have materialised in to goals.

1-0 away at Accy isn't a terrible result. We played well in parts and it was just a sloppy goal that we gave away. Fine margins once again.

Keep the faith, keep on going, who knows what will happen.

I've had a lot more fun this season anyhow. Let's be realistic folks, we were relegation fodder last season, look where we are now.....

Calm down and be happy that you don't support Chesterfield or Grimsby.

COYP

x