Over the past few years Aberdeen fans have been split in the new stadium debate, but I’d say the majority are now keen on the new ground – with a big caveat. The proposed stadium design doesn’t have steep enough stands.

As the club’s home for the next century, we need a ground that’s not just functional but something to be proud of. Its not enough to keep us sheltered from the elements, it needs to foster an atmosphere… help intimidate opposition, give us a home advantage.

There are dozens of examples across Europe of 20,000 seaters that we’d be happy with;
Groupama Budapest , Slavia Prague, Malmo, Groningen, Ghent – even Tynecastle is an improvement on the current plans.

Lets copy one of these rather than Bristol City…

Is there no one on the club board who can relate to and engage with the fans and help us to move forward with a design that we can be proud of?

I remember Chris Gavin made the move from the terraces and The Red Final to the board a few years back… has the board ever replaced him with a true fan? Too many Stewart Milne yes men onboard… I think the Directors forget that it’s the fans who’ll be paying for the stadium for generations to come. We deserve a voice now!