Does anyone think the current format is crap?

Would it work better in an actual league format instead of groups and knockout

Also, doesn't CHAMPIONS league defeat the object somewhat

IF you only had the actual champions of all the European leagues, THEN you could call it the champions league, the league format would genuinely pit the best of Europe against each other, you might get Barcelona vs Juventus or PSG vs bayern Munich, but at least it would always be the actual champions, and you'd never get 2 teams from the same country against each other coz there would only be one team per country!

You could then keep the best of the rest Cup but make that a huge knockout competition say up to 128 teams across Europe, a random draw from round one, ditch the seeding crap coz that just guarantees getting say real Madrid who would come 2nd to Barcelona against 2nd from the Irish league for example

I just think it would make it fairer and more interesting, having these 2 formats for these 2 tournaments.

I remember one year a team who had won their league got kicked out coz Liverpool fluked their cup win and yet finished outside of the champs league qualifying positions in the Premier league, that infuriated me

So thoughts on this folks, just something football related that isn't leeds