Too soon? Sorry Collin, Forte, Smith, Curtis et al. But I'm actually a bit excited about Nolan's cull and hopeful that he can use the money left over wisely to build a proper well-rounded squad to compete next season.

So, assuming the players we’ve offered new contracts to re-sign here is the squad for next season and the gaps I’d like to see filling…

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
GK - Branislav Pindroch
GK – TBC

Surprised to see Collin released, but will be happy to see his wage spent up front and Fitzsimons given a chance as number one.

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
DR - TBC
DL - Dan Jones
DL - TBC
DC - Shaun Brisley
DC - Richard Duffy
DC - Pierce Bird
DC - TBC

Youth: Harry Bugg and Declan Dunn are both defenders too, tho not sure where they play.

Would love to see a pacey central defender join us and in terms of full-back cover I’d prefer to see a couple of young loanees along the lines of Bola from Arsenal, than old uns like Nicky Hunt.

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
MR – Lewis Alessandra
ML – TBC
ML – TBC
CM - Elliott Hewitt
CM - Noor Husin
CM - Liam Noble
CM - Michael O'Connor

Youth: Alex Howes

Apart from replacing Jorge Grant (the pre-Christmas version) we barely need to strengthen here tbh. And if we had more goals up front we'd have been less reliant on him anyhow.

FORWARDS

CF – TBC
CF - Jon Stead
CF – TBC
CF – TBC

Youth: Remaye Campbell and Sam Osborne

Like many fans, I really hope we spend most of the money on new forwards as clearly that’s where we really need it. Ideally three new ones that are all better than Stead. Pace and power needed. And younger legs.

COYP!