Big disappointment yesterday as all our expectations were high. A poor first half undid us but we rarely rested their goalkeeper in the second half either. Fulham proved to be the better team and to be honest, have been over the course of the season too, so good luck to them.

We have proved to be not quite good enough but I prefer to look at it with a positive spin. When you think where we were a couples of seasons ago, in free fall, a total disconnect between players and fans, to reach the play offs was as achievement in itself. Bruce may well play with negative tactics but he has turned this club around. We were in a very similar situation to Sunderland and could easily have experienced what is happening there.

So we have come up short, a lot of the loan players will be leaving and a change of direction will happen. But football will go on, matches will still be played and we still have quality players in Kodja, Chester, Adoma, Hourihane et al and even Jack may well stay for another season. I think only a bid from one of the top six would lure him away from his beloved Villa and, good as he is, I’m not sure he would get consistent game time at those clubs.

It will also be a chance for our younger players to emerge and we have some exciting talent there with Green and O’Hare to name just a couple. The likes of Bree, Hogan and Lansbury may also make their claim.

I’m optimistic for the future and this time next season could well be promoted with a younger and ultimately stronger squad.

Chin up guys, another roller coaster season in the Championship which, let’s face it has been fun. Keep the support coming and, as ever, UTV!