+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pacmans Annual Donington Review 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pacmans Annual Donington Review 2018

That time of year again. That time where I feel like ive been given a good kicking in the liver and kidneys and where my legs are in a constant state of rock solidness and the time of year when I say the usual " I'm too old for this sh@t". It was well worth it though.

Friday
    Started off the day with a few beers with this places very own Pauldolski. Top man a pleasure dude

My lowest tally for bands on one day was previously 5. I smashed that this Friday due to a-f@ck all decent bands and b-Carlsberg.

Bad Religion
    Not a bad way to start a weekend of music watching. First of the numerous bands to have a dig at Axl Rose for being a primma donna w@nker. Became a common theme.Set full of the big tunes, "20th Century Digital Boy" "I Wanna Conquer The World" "Suffer" "American Jesus" in there among others. Decent set but a poor days worth of music

Saturday
    After such a poor showing on Friday I decided to get as many in as I could on the remaining 2 days

Powerflo
    Senn Dog from Cypress Hill, Billy Graziadei from Biohazard and Christian ole Wolbers from Fear Factory. Nae bad. A bit like Stuck Mojo. Did a rocked up A to the K which was decent(Had dig at Axl regarding set length)

Von Hertzen Brothers
    Criminally underrated band. I think they are f@cking ace. Good proggy stuff from Finland. Think that's a hatrick ball for them in terms of viewing. Need to get the new album.

Lawnmower Deth
    Quality band and always a laugh. I have only ever seen then here. Didn't get Kim Wilde on stage this year like they did last time. Quality stage banter and props. Inclusive of a giant Lawnmower which was mowing down clowns and sh@t. Been on the go 30 years now. Wouldn't have though that

Corrosion of Conformity
    Felt like they only played 3 songs(which they possibly did as Axls a d@ck). Elongated "Clean My Wounds" also didn't help. "Albatross" and "Broken Man" in there too. Made a comment about short set

L7
    I think I do still fancy Jennifer Finch. Rock Chick with attitude. "Everglade" "Andres" and "Pretend We are Dead" the highlights. Donita had a rage at Axl Rose as half an hour set was "bullsh@t"

Thunder
    Were f@cking superb. Loved every minute of it. They may be a bit older but they have honed their innuendo laden hard rock to perfection. Danny Bowes still has an awesome set of pipes on him. Best band of the Saturday. Quite easily.

Black Stone Cherry
    More of a background band as I was getting something to eat and waiting for GnR. Nae a big fan. Remind me of Nickleback

Guns n Roses
    Turned up on time for their mammoth 3 1/2 hour set. Didn't play 3 1/2 just 3. Pissed off everyone in the process by cutting everyones set by 5 mins to make up for their own huge one, that plus acting like spoilt pricks back stage. They were nowhere near as good as Thunder but were decent. I watched about 2 which included "Its So Easy", "Mr Brownstone" "Double Takin Jive", "Estranged" "Welcome to the Jungle", "Civil War" a cover of "Black Hole Sun"and heaps more. Enjoyed it but not the greatest ive seen as some were claiming

Sunday

Inglorious
    Classic rock with a singer that can really f@cking sing. Nae bad at all

Cradle of Filth
    I feel stupider for watching half of their set. Gaaaaadz

Turbonegro
    Perfect band for a festival. Tony Sylvester was in great form. Typically closed with "I Got Errection", cue massive sing along. Love that band

Hatebreed
    Band of the weekend in my eyes. Brutal as f@ck and clearly loving being back(first time since 09). All their songs are like anthems. Everbody knows the words. Jamey Jasta is possibly my favourite metal frontman. He know how to get things going. Top marks for the boys from Conneticut

Kreator
    Talking of bands I f@cking love. Germanys finest (aye better than the Scorpions) making their first appearance on the hallowed turf of Donington. "Phantom Antichrist", "Hail to the Hordes" "Enemy of God", "Satan is Real" "Hoards of Chaos" and "Pleasure to Kill". Great stuff

Bodycount
    Only watched them for novelty value but quickly realised I was enjoying it. A lot better than I expected. Yer ma would hate the language though

Thrice
    Had never heard of them before. Turns out they were nae bad to fill in time. Atmospheric proggy stuff. HYave seen a lot worse in my time

Meshuggah
    Another band I think are f@cking ace and they didn't disappoint. The usual sonic toe punt to the groinal area from the ageing dudes from Gothenborg

Marilyn Manson
    Only watched 3 songs as I was filling in time before Lass Than Jake. Nae a huge fan. Massive crowd for him.

Less Than Jake
    Funny, happy and catchy. Decent festival band. I love the tunes "All my Best Friends are Metalheads" "Look What Happened"and "Gainesville Rock City".

The Hives
    Were f@cking magic. Looking dapper with some great tunes. Its amazing how many I knew. Very good band live if you get the chance. Had a dig at Axl sneakily

Ozzy Osbourne
    Just retire min. Naebody want to see you mumbling you way through sets. Left after an hour-ish.

Great weekend again, kind of did it on my own but was in some good company at times . But the usual body feeling beat up never get any easier
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 11-06-2018 at 04:30 PM.