+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warne Interview on 5Live Saturday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warne Interview on 5Live Saturday

Anyone listen to Warnes interview on 5 live yesterday about 2pm. They also interviewed Harris from Millwall.

Both said in effect the Championship transfers have gone totally bonkers. Harris said even after their great run second half last season they couldnt improve their squad on their wage budget - even with the spin of a club pushing for promotion. Wages were totally out of their league. What realistic chance do we have without risking a boom bust business model?

Warne came over brilliantly by the way. A real credit to our club. Many wont appreciate his style. He says, in essense, the shouting type ranting and raving managers are a thing of the past. Modern managers have to do it differently. He says he wants to be the type of manager he would have wanted as a player. Looks like the guy has built deep respect and strong bonds throughout the squad based on real club and family values (if that is considered akin a green tea drinking sandal wearing group that I read on another thread then you have it totally wrong - this is the way football management is shifting).

He said our battle is with (I think he phrased it as) other incidental clubs. He wants us to win the battle of the lower league teams.

I hope he is allowed build a strong club based on these principles for many years whether we stay up or get relegated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06gkl57
    Last edited by frogmiller; 05-08-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Input of the link