Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
This type of "I know best" response amuses me.
The recruitment process is what it is and presumably the people involved have known about it from the outset. If not, where have they been?
As I understand it, the limitations and flexibility within the budget are clearly understood by the recruitment team, if not they certainly should be. Paul Warne has said he's asked to increase offers for players in the past and "has always been backed by the chairman."
If the manager feels the two loan players on his priority list are essential to give the club a fighting chance of staying up, the deals should be done smoothly and without delay.
Other clubs seem to manage without problems but we always seem to be behind the door. Hopefully this amateurish approach won't come back to bite us.
I'm sorry if I have caused offence by trying to add a bit of balance to the debate. I see that you too know best.

The recruitment process is indeed what it is, which is kind of the point I was making. It's difficult. It's not like buying a newspaper.

Your argument that deals should be done smoothly and without delay flies in the face of your comment that the recruitment process is what it is. The thrust of my post was that there are multiple parties to the transaction, which means that Rotherham is not in control such as to make deals run smoothly and without delay.

To develop my house building analogy, the parent club of a player we want may be waiting to bring someone else in before making a decision upon who can go out. They may be waiting to see if other clubs will offer better financial terms. The player himself may be holding out to see if another club comes in who they perceive to offer better career prospects. The possible permutation of problems are almost limitless.

Your perception is that other clubs manage the process better than Rotherham. How many recruitment processes have you studied in other clubs to reach that conclusion? I look in on Tykes Mad and can say with certainty that Barnsley supporters did not feel that their summer recruitment was handled well. I suspect that is the perception of many supporters of the clubs they follow.