+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Thread vs Stevenage 15/9/18 & Squabbling about the Royal Navy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Watching live yesterday, none of the goals appeared to me to be Fitzsimons' fault, but until tonight I've not had chance to see the replays.

So, first goal, Turley fails to stop the ball across goal, meaning Fitzsimons is forced to shift quickly from one post to the other, and the untracked/unmarked Kennedy either mis-hits it or cleverly steers it back across him. It looked a bit of a mis- hit to me, but either way Fitz couldn't win, because (aside from the basic issue of momentum) if he hadn't gone all the way to cover the post and the ball had beaten him there, people would have blamed him for letting it in that way. At least three defenders were at fault for the situation materialising.

Second goal, no-one stops the ball into the box and Evina finds himself horrendously mis-matched against Revell, who sends a textbook header back across the goal, well beyond the 'keeper. Fitz would have needed to be about 9 foot tall to stop it.

Third goal, similar to the second, again nobody stops the cross (especially Husin), Tootle can't stop the knock back and Newton holds his ground while his would-be marker moves away, leaving Newton free to put it well beyond the 'keeper.
    Last edited by jackal2; 16-09-2018 at 06:20 PM.