Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
Wasn't there yesterday so I'll leave others to judge, but no doubt stewards and the police will have been told to take a zero tolerance approach, bearing in mind the incidents a couple of years ago when a bunch of imposters turned up pretending to be fans and caused all sorts of trouble.

In all my time following Notts County away, the only time I've genuinely seen stewards overreact was at Bolton's old Burnden Park ground, where I saw a steward attack a Notts fan without any provocation.

I've seen various other clashes, and every time there have been a group of Notts "fans" claiming their innocence, but in every case they've actually been acting in a provocative manner to the point where officials had no choice but to intervene. Ninety-nine times out a hundred its a minority of so-called supporters going out looking for confrontation, and as far as I'm concerned you can ban every last single one of them.
It is usually the same ones causing the trouble and I have to say some of them look the older than me so they should know better. I have never seen the younger lads or the so called 'burberry brigade ' cause any trouble at all. I remember being at Stevenage a few years ago and they showed great restraint in the face of extreme provocation. Perhaps they could show the 'ode uns' how to behave.