Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
at what level?
I've definitely been involved at youth level and had discussions with some of the scouts on potential players.
We've had a number of players go through trials and some have been signed up.

I don;t see how this matters to the point I made or why you disagree
It matters because if you know how a good youth set up works and how it relates to the first team, then you know it's not all about money.

We should have enough money to run a very good youth set up as things stand.

We need to invest in a decent squad as well though.

Do you think McKenna would be causing bidding wars of £6.5m (according to the much maligned tabloids) if he was playing in front of Langfield?

The Huns have had top training facilities for a very long time, they are in a patch which has historically produced the best players in the country and they've had some of the best people involved. Yet it's been a bit of a shambles at times for them.

I've said for a long time that we need to be producing young players in order to fill the squad but make it better and also to sell when it suits us to sell. Not sure why it's all of a sudden become a priority because it sure as **** wasn't any other time I mentioned that.

I'm sure you were one of the ones as well going on about how scouting is expensive as well. As I've pointed out a few times...it's not.