On the red button on the bbc tonight is welsh women against czech women, or is it slovak women. Who cares. When there is already to much football on tv we get even more.
If you get sky, bt, premier, free football, and god knows what else, it is possible to watch football almost round the clock. Taking a macro look at it, there is always the next game.

If Cambridge won div 2 this year, next year comes along, and its gone. It doesnt mean anything anymore. On another level, its also so what, winning div 2 is no achievement. That applies to the premiership, it applies to the world cup. I couldnt get excited about England finishing fourth.

If they had won it, so what. I could watch every England game if i wanted, but it doesnt do anything anymore. I saw the England qualifier v Scotland two seasons ago, and all i wanted to do is go home. Before the game started.

Every game is similar, there is no contrasts in style anymore. Its boring, you might as well read a book in the first half. There are no characters. The players are anonymous, most coming from god knows where. The money is obscene, and at Cambridges level its good money for almost nowt. United players cant be bothered to run. Football is a running game, but no one wants to do it, especially Cambridge players this year. Why bother being a pro footballer if you only give 50 per cent?

Theres always another game. It doesnt mean anything anymore. The use it is to me now i suppose is to pass time, which cant be underestimated considering the vast expanse of eternity before us. What would we do without it??? Good question, we could play catch with a tennis ball against a wall, or,,,do something useful. Imagine an evening without the TV on, or watching football. I can. Distraction is so damaging.