So... Anyone dare predict this one? Just watched Newport generally outplayed by Maldon & Tiptree but Amond turns up when needed.
Have our players got the right temperament? Would you trust Charlie to perform in this game?
I saw this lot at the end of last season at Salford. They were the better footballing side but eventually were bombarded out of it by Salford. Their recent form has picked up and they moved up through a congested middle of the table to just outside the play off positions. Their captain is Danny Hollandsa good player for us who dropped a division for geographical (and possibly financial) reasons. He's scored 8 from midfield.... So who'll be tracking him?
We have to perform to our best tomorrow or we'll lose. That also means a lot more urgency than was evident at FGR. We mustn't be caught napping as they'll be up for it and we cannot afford to let them seize the initiative.
As you can tell, I think it's too close to call. I don't care how stylish we are (or not), I just don't want to see us lose this one.
A draw😨