Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Equally...it’s interesting that non of the three of you who have raised this point have come back about the four points I have raised regarding Banks’ behaviour, none of which have exactly ‘hit the headlines’ either.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of both sides don’t you think it’s time to move on?

I think possibly the BBC - along with all news agencies - are currently totally preoccupied with Coronavirus at the moment, whether it be the impact on Care Homes, the Economy or the, relatively unimportant future of football/sport. Maybe a decision regarding an individual who spent a fortune on getting zero MP’s elected is considered trivial in comparison.

If you want to reintroduce the question of ‘Leaving’...there is certainly an important question. Should we go ahead and try and complete our ‘Leave’ negotiations by December?

Call me idealistic...I really couldn’t care less...but to me the only things that really matter for the foreseeable are the World acting together to conquer Covid-19 and putting our people and various societies back together again.
I'm not discussing how much an arse hole is Banks. I'm just pointing out the failings of the electoral commission, which have only now admitted that they were wrong and have acted badly over this affair for 2 years.

Regarding the timing of Brexit and covid, speaking entirely from the EU point of view, I would be thinking that this crisis will take years to sort out in economical terms. The last thing the EU needs, is the distraction of one country being part of the recovery for part of the time. Say we stayed in until the end of 2021, how do you decide how much the UK should contribute to a recovery that could take anything from 5 to 15 years? What help would the UK be entitled to?