The killing of George Floyd was truly shocking.....to see someone effectively murdered on TV by a cop while pleading for his life was outrageous and you can understand the outpouring of anger in the US. I actually don’t think that would happen in this country...but who knows. On saying that the looting and rioting have no place - takes away from the cause in my mind and only makes tolerant law abiding people (like myself and many on this board) turn off in disgust. Also it must be said that the portraying of George Floyd as an angel with wings is way over the top. If you read the press he was a known criminal, into drugs and all sorts - there is some suggestion he pointed a gun at a pregnant woman’s stomach in one theft/altercation. So this guy was no angel yet the media portrayal would have you believe otherwise. Racism and violence have no place in our society and I for one stand strongly against both. But you also have to look at the facts. The number of blacks in the US police force is proportionately higher than the size of the black community in the US population. Also the number of black on black killings are higher in US than any other category....black on white, white on black, white on Asian etc. So just saying....the killing of George Floyd was an outrage.....but we need to keep a sense of perspective ....and not be driven by mob rule.....