Brendan Flood has posted a farewell message on Linked In as

Chairman of UCFB Holdings Ltd & Real Estate Developments Group , Director of Burnley FC & Businesswise

As a local lad, it has been a huge privilege to serve as a Director of #BurnleyFC since 2006,when we had a turnover of £6m and losses of £2m pa. It was very challenging back then. We have progressed slowly but steadily to a turnover of £130m and have become a consistently profitable club. We are known to be frugal but,in truth we,the Board, care so much about the Club because we are fans first and foremost. The biggest decision for any business is to choose a good #leadership team. We have chosen strong managers and the staff within the Club have been absolutely tremendous, having grown in confidence year on year.I will miss them the most. I hope that ALK, led by Alan Pace,contribute to the future of the Club and enjoy some of those special memories which only sport can provide. My favourite memory is the Championship Play Off final 1-0 win vs Sheffield United in May 2009. We have never looked back. Thank you Burnley- I have never wanted to be from anywhere else.

A man who has been a director of over 100 companies half not now trading can’t be faulted for effort and UFCB seems to be a success, that benefitted from club links. I hope they continue. I don’t know him but he seemed instrumental in getting promotion first time even though the loans seemed a bit dodgy and we would probably have been in deep doodoo if we had failed. He tried to build the US links years ago.

Good luck Brendan and thanks