Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
He needs game time Casper, 6 or 7 full starts and we would have a real star on our hands but he really does not play or suit "Dycheball".
I like Sean BT, as you will know, I'm confident that the day he leaves is the day we start to tumble down the leagues, and god knows where we'll end up, I can even forgive him the dire football that pisses off so many of our fans, he does what it says on tin, and keeps us in the PL, which keeps the money rolling in for his employers.

BUT, I do not understand why he will not give Vydra the extended run that could allow him to flourish at this level, the lad clearly needs a boost to his confidence, some faith being shown in him, he clearly offers something none of our other strikers does, he can score goals, he's been prolific at times in his career. It might need a tweak or two to the system to accommodate him, but when the goals have dried up like they have done this season, maybe the system needs a tweak anyway. If it's not happening after 6/7 games then fair enough, but what is there to lose at the moment, none of Wood, Barnes or Jay are terrorising defences, so he can hardly be more ineffective than those three. But Sean just doesn't want to know. On most things Sean can do no wrong for me, but he's got me beat on Vydra.