Apparently one of my claims to fame is that I invented the term ‘Whinging Neggos’ originally because at the time I was backing up Steve Cotterill’s last couple of seasons when he was under threat of being sacked. Too many I thought were harping on too much in their negative attacks on Cotts!

Well after it all kicked off one night this week on my Facebook Group Clarets Bar it appears I have been hoisted by my own petard and it’s now me that’s a Whinging Neggo

I guess we were all on a downer after the Spurs and West Brom games with only one win in 7 matches but I went for the jugular daring to suggest that the reason we were in such a mess was the ageing, injury prone squad with no depth due to the lack of transfer window activity in Summer and January, I went further and suggested should we get relegated the club have only itself to blame

Well blow me then I got attacked by let’s say the Happy Clappy brigade who don’t like being called that! Well tough titty that’s what they are! I got the usual old stuff about we are a small town club and need to be prudent yadda yadda, you should remember the times we used to play Rochdale in the bottom tier, yawn and the classic we are in no danger of relegation have faith

There were a nasty viscous lot too, I can just about tolerate being called a prick but to be called a Rovers fan was the biggest insult!

Hells bells these guys seem to think we are not allowed to criticise the club but always be proud of our lot no matter what ****e things are happening! **** off I say and did ! What’s the point of having a chat forum if we can’t have different opinions and come out with some constructive criticism now and again? Surely we can be allowed to do that without being called a prick or worse. I have never gone for the individual jugular just broadly categorised folk from whinging neggos to happy clappers etc

The tricky thing is I am of course admin so I get it in the neck for being a poor one for having anti club opinions at times! You can’t win. Do I shut up and take one for the Group team or continue to give my opinions and run the risk of members leaving or not coming? Answers on a postcard .