As Albion fans I think that we need a reality check. In our performances this season we have played well against Bournemouth, Sheff. Utd. and Cardiff. In the rest of the games we have been bang average. The style of football is not pleasing on the eye but we must have known what to expect when we appointed Ismael. Having said this, I did expect us to be performing at a higher level than we are. I think that we are fortunate to be where we are in the table considering some of our performances. After a dozen or so matches I can't see us finishing above Fulham or Bournemouth and it will be play offs at best. I have to admit to being more optimistic than this at the start.

Curtis Davies made a very good point last night on TV when he said that Ismael's success at Barnsley came when five and not three substitutes were allowed. This meant that nearly half of the side could be substituted and that his high intensity style could continue for ninety minutes.

We are always going to be vulnerable at the back due to the high line that we play and we need to play in a more considered manner. There are more problems I admit but if he persists in bringing Hugill on for the final thirty minutes it will be a disaster. He brings nothing to the side. I agree concerning HRK. If he was bringing him on, at least he was capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Hugill doesn't do this.

I realise that this is a somewhat pesemistic post but this is the reality of the situation. Hope that I am proved wrong.