How many of you know which team plays it’s home games here ? Not many I bet. It was the destination for my latest excursion into Non League circles. The game in question was the National League South fixture , between Chippenham Town at home to Billericay Town .The game ended upon a 3-0 win to the home side, which kept the Bluebirds in mid table , and the visitors firmly rooted to the bottom, 3 points adrift. Once Chippenham went in front just before the interval, they retained the upper hand , and added two more to secure all 3 points. The 100 or so Ricay fans ,will point to a dodgy offside second goal, and a potential hand ball for the third goal, but can really have no complaints , despite hitting the post twice. So far this season it’s been a familiar story for them, even losing the previous 4 games ,despite appointing a new manager a month ago..
This weekend we’ll be up in Es*** again, for our granddaughters birthday. Billericay are at home to Hampton and Richmond, another ***** fixture. I’ll be there with my son, grandson and our other Welsh grandad!!First time we’ve all been to a game together. All we need is a home win. The only way will be Es*** for sure !!