Years ago, when a club was looking to sign someone, the manager would be reliant on the reports from his right man, the chief scout. Then the manager would go along with him, to watch the player in action , before deciding whether or not to sign him. These days at Turf Moor it all seems a bit different.
I read reports that Alan Pace was travelling to London to get the deal(s) over the line. There was no mention of SD going with him , from any angle. When Wood left to forge a new career on the banks of theTyne, it seemed that SD was surprised at the way events unfolded. We were all surprised too. As for the latest two players we are looking to sign, it appears to be all Pace’s doing. You get the impression that Dyche wouldn’t know the first thing about them, and like us,has only seen bits and pieces on You Tube. I bet he hasn’t been through the Channel Tunnel to size up the possibilities, when he should really be the first person to do so. I’d want to see them close up- wouldn’t you ?Not on a video, or hearsay. If either or both turn out like Cornet , we’ll all be chuffed to beans. Hopefully it will go the same way with any future signing.
Reading between the lines ,it just makes you wonder ,how much, if any, control over incomings and outgoings SD actually has . Anyone else think the same way as me