Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
I think Palmer has got a gratitude vote in being a CM fans can trust and agree on - then it's become a trend and conventional wisdom.

I think he's better than Reeves but not a whole lot better - but Reeves is a FL midfielder and Palmer plays in the semi-pro NL, there's no getting away from that.

Was it Reeves and Doyle that got us as far as the Semis last year? I don't think so, it was more about Ruben taking the season by the scruff of the neck when we sinking further and further down into mid-table.

Palmer for Reeves is maybe the most significant first-team change this season. What difference did it make. Better than 5th? Did we reach the semis? Didn't the rest of the team prove they could get there anyway? That's not a whole lot of impact, not a 'Player of the season's' worth

Nobody will change my mind that a nigh on 40 goal involvement beats just a handful and being steady in CM. Did he run the show? Show outstanding leadership? Drive us to greater heights? No on all counts, it's a 'follow the crowd' pick for the reasons suggested above. Or maybe we just don't like flashy stuff like goals, assists, skill, creativity, providing the game highlights virtually every time. Maybe next season we can watch a lot of down-to earth 0-0 draws, noble 0-1 defeats and everyone will be happy.
And we have a late contender for most ridiculous post of the season!

Fair enough, everyone’s entitled to an opinion….but that post is surely a wind up?