Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
Well said, Brin. It's going to be a difficult furrow to plough but I hope it can be done.

Our local cinema in the town where I live is struggling badly. It was built in 1941 and is a classic "Last Picture Show" movie house with amazing interior decoration. Sadly, I've been in there when there's been just four patrons and it's hard going. They do have some creative ideas for usage. It's not too expensive to rent one of the picture halls (it was subdivided into three rooms) for a private showing for a kids party or an evening with friends. (There's a nice period bar in foyer.) They have over-55 evenings that are free, showing classic films from our era with actors from the films showing up. (Not too difficult in California!) We had a full house for American Graffiti a few years back. Two of the cast were there (the girl who goes off with the dorky boy in Ron Howard's character's car and Bo Hopkins, the guy who played the gangleader of The Pharaohs.) They made enough money from bar sales to make it worthwhile.
I love American Graffiti CT, one of my favourite films , the cars and the music and a very young Harrison Ford, brilliant